Let us create a 3d Digital eBook for you! DigyCat.com
Eleven Money-Saving Auto Insurance Tips for Senior Drivers
Following a few simple tips and taking these measures will ensure that you are getting the lowest rates possible on your auto insurance policy.
1. Avoid more Accidents, Pay Close Attention at Intersections. Auto accidents involving seniors often occur at intersections. Make sure to look ahead if you plan to quickly change lanes after an intersection. Pay attention to protected left turn lanes with their own arrows, and always keep your tires pointed straight ahead when stopped, so that a rear-end accident doesn't push you into oncoming traffic.
2. Follow the flow of traffic, Drive at the at or near the speed limit. Driving too slowly can be just as dangerous as speeding, especially when entering or exiting interstates or freeways. It can also trigger dangerous "road rage" in less patient drivers. You don't have to be Mario Andretti, but keeping to the right and following the flow of traffic is the safest bet.
3. Many violations include failure to yield right-of-way, improper turning or incorrect lane changes, so keep current on the traffic laws relating to new traffic designs.
4. Sit high enough in your seat so that you can see at least 10 feet in front of your car, advises the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. If your car seat does not adjust to allow this, add a cushion. This will make it easier to see pedestrians and bike riders, and reduce problems from oncoming headlight glare at night.
5. Do not wear sunglasses or tinted glasses when driving at night. For many older drivers, night vision is reduced, so safety dictates not driving at twilight or after dark.
6. Make sure you learn how to operate a New Car. Things like Anti-lock brakes, for example operate differently in slippery situations. If you have never driven a car with anti-lock brakes, sure to get training on proper use.
7. Senior drivers can refresh their skills and knowledge -- and get a discount on auto insurance in many states -- by taking a refresher driving course, such as the eight-hour "55 Alive" course offered by AARP. More than two-thirds of states mandate auto insurance policy discounts for such courses, and many insurance companies offer the discounts voluntarily.
8. Look for cars with rear-view mirrors that automatically dim and filter out headlight glare.
9. Air bag technology has become more advanced, with sensors that deploy air bags based on the weight of the occupant, reducing air-bag-related injuries. Some new cars also have side air bags in the seats or door frame that offer better protection.
10. Consider fit and comfort in your new car. Seat belts that comfortably fit over your shoulder and low on your lap will keep you safer. Automatic transmission, power steering and power brakes require less physical effort.
11. Last but definitely not least, Check to see which companies offer specific 'Senior Discounts' While shopping around for the best auto insurance rates is important, which insurance company you choose might depend on how they treat senior drivers. You'll get their best rates if you're healthy and drive a safe, modern vehicle.
Reprints of this article are allowed (and encouraged) for your site or newsletter with inclusion of a simple link to http://www.hometownquotes.com.
Matt McWilliams is one of the co-founders of HometownQuotes.Com, an online insurance quotes web site. He is originally from Pinebluff, NC and attended Middle Tennessee State University in 2002. He is considered an expert in the field of online insurance shopping and finding new ways to help consumers save money on their insurance. For more information visit http://www.hometownquotes.com
Insurance - Google News
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Insurance for Car Wash Fundraisers
Non-profit groups in this day and age need to watch out for lawsuits, as it is an unfortunate reality. Having a good event insurance policy can protect your non-profits funds from such a lawsuit in the event of a mishap or professional slip and fall con artist.
How Much Can My Auto Rate Increase After One Accident?
Accidents almost always make your insurance rates increase. Whether or not the accident was your fault, your insurance company may have to pay for your involvement in it.
Risk Retention Groups RRG
In response to a hard insurance market in the mid 1908's, Congress passed the Liability Risk Retention Act of 1986. The legislation was intended to simplify the regulatory process for affinity groups such as doctors, real estate developers etc, who wanted to find an alternative to the and unavailability high cost of certain types of insurance coverage.
Reducing Soaring Insurance Claim Costs
With the soaring rise in claims to insurers from their customers, millions of pounds are being lost on a day to day basis throughout the industry in regards to personal property insurance. A new system in the UK provides insurance companies with an easy and effective method to reduce their personal property claims by over 80%.
Inside-Information Regarding Your Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance Claim
Here's some "Inside-Info" you must know so you won't be taken advantage of on your motor vehicle accident insurance claim and also: SO YOU CAN COLLECT EVERY DOLLAR THAT'S OWED TO YOU !The following 8 are just "The Tip Of The Iceberg":#1. There are situations where you can collect for your "Lost Wages" even if you were paid by your employer and/or collected "Sick Leave" while unable to work.
How Is Your Auto Insurance Policy Price Determined?
The average auto insurance policy price is derived from a variety of factors. Many of these variables are common knowledge and make sense for the most part but it's always a good idea to refresh yourself with what insurance companies are looking for when determining how much your coverage will cost.
Home Insurance Terms
Home insurance, or even homeowners insurance, is an insurance policy that combines insurance on the home, its contents, loss of the use of the home (additional living expenses) and, typically, the more individual possessions of the homeowner, as well as liability insurance for accidents that can transpire at the home.The cost of homeowners insurance scales upward depending on what it would cost to replenish the home, and which extra "riders", meaning extra items to be insured, are bound to the policy.
An Intro To Life Insurance
There are many options available for life insurance, and for most people these options can be somewhat confusing. Below is a brief review of each type and some advantages and disadvantages of each.
An Introduction to UK Home Insurance
Unlike motor cover, home insurance is not a legal requirement in the UK. It is, however, a vital precaution against unforeseen bills caused by incidents such as natural disasters or break-ins.
Guide to Car Insurance
Here is a useful guide to car insurance. Buying car or motor insurance is important as it is legally enforced in the UK .
Accident Insurance Claim Personal Injury Insights
There's nothing that has a greater impact on evaluating a personal injury insurance claim than the damage done to your body, the medical bills that are a direct result of that injury and the "pain and suffering" you were forced to deal with.Besides botching up your body (and sometimes your love life) what else does the injury mean to you? It means a ton of financial expense's, including repairing your motor vehicle, lost wages, a shock to your life style, a tremendous inconvenience and short or long periods of pain and discomfort - - all of it a direct result of your injuries.
An Annuities Primer
Though popular among today's aging Baby Boomers and members of the Mature or "Senior" markets, annuities can be traced back to ancient Greece. The term "annuity" comes from the Greek word "annus"-or "year"-and refers to annual income payments.
Insights Into Your Med-Pay Insurance Coverage
While Legal Romantics would like to characterize the trial of a lawsuit as a "Search For Truth" that's not a reality!Cases are decided on the evidence. When reviewing cases before them, judges invariably use the phrase, "The evidence shows", rather than, "The truth of the matter is".
Motor Vehicle Accident Insurance Claim Guide
This is a FREE Insurance Claim GuideYour "Motor Vehicle" can be a truck, car, motorcycle - - you name it! If it's powered by a motor and has one, two, three, four (or even more) wheels this "Guide" is for you.The information below is a bare-bones "Guide" for those who have had such a motor vehicle accident.
Useful Tips on Reducing Insurance Costs
Most people want lower insurance costs but are often too lazy to do anything about it. All it takes is a little time and effort and you could be looking at a reduced insurance premium.
Auto Insurance In Texas
If you are looking for auto insurance in texas, you might want to check out golden rule insurance company who offers cheap auto insurance online. Of course there are plenty of other companies that also offer affordable rates, but first you should understand Texas auto insurance requirements.
How Does Credit History Affect Car Insurance Rates?
Many personal car insurance companies consider your credit information when determining how much premium to charge for your insurance. So if you are calling around for new car insurance, keep in mind that many insurers are looking at your credit history to determine your car insurance rates.
Handling Your Motor Vehicle Accident With Your Own Insurance Company
This "How To" article is crucial, up-to-date information concerning what to do if your insurance company is giving you a hard time (regarding your own motor vehicle accident claim with them) and you're positive it's "Legit". If there's some problems with whatever position they've taken regarding your Property Damage Loss (or any other coverage-questions they may be ducking/stalling/ignoring and/or disputing) you don't have to sit back and take it!You DO have options to settle your dispute and you should proceed as follows:#1.
Everybody Wants The Best Term Life Insurance Quote
The information you need about the best term life insurance quote is only a click away when you search for term life insurance online. You don't even have to know anything about the insurance industry to get the best term life insurance quote from an online insurance company.
Sleep-At-Night Coverage With A Private Health Insurance ( Affordable Health Insurance )
Health Insurance: a sense of dissatisfactionThe three C's, customization, consumerization and customer-satisfaction, seem to be at the core of the business mantra for every service provider. The health insurance provider industry is no exception to this rule.
DigyCat Domain Is For Sale - $105,000 For Enquiries eMail Us
© www.DigyCat.com - 2012